The EU elections are fast approaching. To keep you informed, DeHavilland has produced comprehensive coverage the European electoral law debate and an MEP registry tracker, so you can identify who’s running again and those who aren’t seeking re-election.
Debate on European electoral law
On Wednesday, 15th November 2023, the EU General Affairs Council met in Brussels. Among the array of crucial topics discussed, the European Parliament’s Proposal on the revision of EU electoral law took the spotlight.
DeHavilland’s Senior Consultant, Christina Kouremenou, delved into the heart of the debate, pinpointing the crucial issues at hand:
- The reservation of EU Member States towards the transnational lists, the EU wide constituency and the Spitzenkandidaten process.
- The complication with the national electoral systems.
- A Council counterproposal to the initial EP proposal for the EU electoral reform.
DeHavilland is rolling out a series of EU election products, with a special emphasis on comprehensive coverage of the General Council discussions surrounding the EP electoral reform. Stay tuned for expert insights and analysis as the debate unfolds.
MEP registry tracker
To keep you informed with the latest announcements in the lead up to the EU elections, DeHavilland has produced an MEP registry tracker (updated weekly), so you can keep an eye on:
- Current MEPs running again: discover which current MEPs are gearing up for another term, bringing continuity to their representation in the European Parliament.
- New candidates: Explore new faces entering the political arena, candidates who were not MEPs but have thrown their hats into the ring.
- Retiring MEPs: keep abreast of changes by identifying current MEPs who have declared they will not seek re-election.
The tracker also offers insights into MEPs’ home countries, their national party affiliations and the European Parliamentary groups they belong to.
In the lead up to the EU elections, rely on DeHavilland to be your go-to along the way, as we continue to provide timely updates and comprehensive analysis on the proceedings, including commission priorities, key candidates, manifesto comparisons, updates on the Spitzenkandidat process and exclusive events that reveal how to engage with the European Parliament.